About this Space
Turkish baths have sat in Bishopgate’s Churchyard for two centuries. The new Bath House first saw light of day in 1895. Designed by G Harold Elphick, the bathhouse used tessellating Arabic motifs in classic colours. Crafted to appeal to the gentrified city folk, the venue was an instant hit in the daily broadsheets. Marble-floored hot rooms, mosaics and even gilt-edged décor set the bath-house interior apart, with stained glass and rich oriental rugs finishing the picture. With a number of various utility rooms offering shampooing and steaming, any patron would emerge from its confines groomed to perfection.
Write a Review
No reviews found. Be the first to review this company.